What can I expect from my microblading appointment at Siren & Proper?
First we have you schedule your initial microblading appointment, this appointment takes up to 2.5 hours and requires a 50% deposit to be made at the time of booking. During your visit our brow artist uses measuring tools to perfectly align your brows to your desired look and style. Before performing any actual microblading, our brow artist ensures that you are satisfied with what they have designed for your eyebrows. The microblading touch up appointment must be scheduled 6+ weeks after your initial microblading appointment. The touch up appointment takes up to 1.5 hours. During the microblading touch up visit, any areas that have faded or decreased in size will be enhanced.
What is microblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent eyebrow tattoo that can fill in or create a whole new brow shape with hair like strokes that will last 12-18 months.
Who is microblading for?
Microblading is for anyone who feels it’s necessary to use makeup to get the ideal brow shape.
is microblading only booked for a one time visit?
No. Microblading is broken up into two separate visits. Your initial visit is where your actual microblading appointment will take place, while your second visit is a touch up. Microblading touch up appointments must be booked 6+ weeks after your initial microblading visit, this touch up appointment is included in the total pricing.
does microblading hurt?
Although numbing cream is used during the procedure, slight sensitivity/discomfort may be felt by some sensitive clients.
what things should i do to prepare for my microblading appointment?
Accutane and any other prescribed acne medications must be finished one year prior to receiving microblading.
Do not take Aspirin, fish oil, niacin, vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen or blood thinners, unless medically necessary, 72 hours prior to your microblading procedure.
Any brow tinting and/or waxing should be done 1 week prior to your microblading procedure.
Do not tan your face 30 days before or after the microblading procedure.
Do receive any chemical peels, microdermabrasion, mesotherapy, or intense skin treatments which will cause faster skin cell rejuvenation and cause skin irritation 3-4 weeks before the procedure.
Wash your hair the morning of the microblading procedure.
Avoid consuming large amounts of alcohol 24 hours before your microblading procedure.
Do not receive any Botox treatments 4 weeks prior to your microblading procedure.
Growth enhancement products such as Latisse, RevitaBrow, and GrandeLash should not be used 1 month before or after the procedure has fully healed due to possibility of the color shifting.
how long does microblading normally last?
Microblading normally last 12-18 months, color boost appointments will be needed yearly to maintain its fresh natural appearance. Fading will happen naturally after each procedure.
What is the recovery time for microblading?
Although it does take about 14 days for the strokes to completely heal, you will be able to return to your normal daily activities right after the appointment.
What is the aftercare for microblading?
- Avoid direct contact of water on your brows for the first day 10 days. Wetting the brows, swimming, and sweating should be avoided.
- Avoid sweating for the first day 10 days.
- Clean the area with a small amount of sterile water on a cotton pad 2-4 times a day for the first day, this will remove excess lymph, blood, and pigment that may appear after the procedure.
- After 3 days you can apply a very small amount of coconut or grape seed oil to help with dryness. Your brows should not look oily or greasy after application.
- After 10 days you can use a gentle soap to keep the eyebrows clean.
- Do not use ointments or creams with vitamins or antibiotics on eyebrows during the healing process.
- Do not tan your face 30 days before or after the microblading procedure.
- No retinols, AHA’s, exfoliating treatments, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, Botox and any other strong treatments 6-8 weeks after your microblading procedure.
- Smoking will cause premature fading and the anesthetics will not last as long.
- Growth enhancement products such as Latisee, RevitaBrow, and GrandeLash should not be used 1 month before or after the procedure has fully healed because it may shift the color.
Do I need an appointment?
Yes! We book by appointment only.
Is a consultation required before my initial microblading appointment?
Consultations are not require for microblading appointments. We typically reserve consultations for clients who may have an already existing eyebrow tattoo or possible scaring under their brows.
If I am pregnant or breast feeding am I able to get microblading done?
Unfortunately no, due to risk of infection.
Will I ever have to fill in my brows again after my microblading procedure?
Once your brows are fully healed, you may still need to use powder or a pencil on your brows, this is an enhancement and is not permanent. Your genetics, physiological makeup, and lifestyle will affect the treatment in various ways.